On Thursday, April 12, the Highlands Ranch office held its annual community service day. Nelnet sent 123 volunteers to nine different charitable organizations throughout the Denver Metro. Volunteers spent a total of 468 hours performing a variety of jobs, including:
- Organizing donations in the warehouses at Denver Rescue Mission, Food Bank of the Rockies, The Action Center, and Metro Caring
- Cooking a meal for residents at The Family Tree’s domestic violence shelter, and painting a room for a resident
- Cleaning and yard work at Rocky Mountain Fisher House
- Sorting and packaging donated medical supplies at Project C.U.R.E.
- Cleaning kennels, washing dishes, and walking dogs at Humane Society of South Platte Valley
- Working a full day of construction and repair work for Habitat for Humanity
And there was one more wonderful thing that came out of our volunteer day – one of our volunteers adopted a dog that he met at the Humane Society!
Thank you to everyone who volunteered in the 2018 Highlands Ranch Service Day. The event was a resounding success because of your hard work. And based on the results of our survey, 96% of our associates considered this event worthwhile! Two comments received summed it up nicely, “Great event and wonderful way to be able to give back to the community” and “Thank you Nelnet for allowing me to do this.”
Giving back is important — that’s why we’ve made a commitment to support our communities and encourage our associates to do the same. Visit our “Giving Back” page to see how we do it.